The Sports Federation & Olympic Committee of Hong Kong, China (the Federation), as a Data User, respects personal data privacy and is committed to fully implementing and complying with the data protection principles and all relevant provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap 486) and codes of practice issued by the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data. The Federation is equally committed to ensuring that all its officials, staff and agents uphold these obligations. The Federation undertakes to
– collect personal data directly related to the functions and activities of the Federation only for lawful purposes, and by lawful and fair means;
– take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that personal data are accurate, up-to-date and kept no longer than necessary;
– use the personal data collected only for purposes or directly related purposes for which the data were to be used at the time of collection, unless the Data Subject concerned has given his consent to a change of use or such use is permitted by law;
– take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that personal data are protected against unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use;
– take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that the public is informed of the kinds of personal data that the Federation holds and the purposes for which the data are to be used; and
– permit Data Subjects to access and correct their personal data and process the data access / correction requests in a manner permitted or required by law.
2.1 Data access requests should be made in writing using the form prescribed by the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data . The completed form should be sent directly to the Data Protection Officer by fax (2891 3657), by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or in person or by post to:
Sports Federation and Olympic Committee of Hong Kong, China
2/F, Olympic House
1 Stadium Path, So Kon Po
2.2 When handling a data access or correction request, the Federation will check the identity of the requester to ensure that he is the person legally entitled to make the data access or correction request.
In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the Chinese version of this statement, the English version shall prevail.